Status Law has an ongoing need for top-notch lawyers who are passionate about advancing their specialisation in international law and human rights, and can thrive while managing delicate extradition cases under pressure.
Join Our Team
Status Law has an ongoing need for top-notch lawyers who are passionate about advancing their specialisation in international law and human rights, and can thrive while managing delicate extradition cases under pressure. Although all of our immediate hiring needs are listed below, we are always happy to consider the right applicants for employment in our Linköping or Brussels offices. The basic qualifications we are looking for are: 1) admission to practice law in at least one of the EU countries; 2) professional fluency in English and one of our primary languages of operation (Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Russian or Arabic); and 3) at least two years of relevant work experience in a law firm or private practice.
If you are interested in being a part of our team, please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can offer a highly competitive compensation package to successful applicants.
Senior Associate – Extradition & Asylum Law, Middle East practice
Bilingual English / Arabic
Status Law is looking for a Senior Associate to join our Middle East practice in Brussels. The team is looking for someone with a proven track in International Law (with a particular focus on extradition and international prosecution issues), a deep understanding of international relations and experience of practicing law both in the European Union and in at least one Arabic-speaking country. You will play a central role in protecting our clients and their assets from the abuse of international law, working closely with a range of EU and global institutions such as the European Court of Human Rights and INTERPOL, to win cases and counteract unlawful extradition requests.
- Represent clients and manage their cases
- Handle a broad range of EU/EEA immigration-related matters (extradition, international search, asylum, cross-border finance, human rights, sanctions, etc.)
- Provide legal analysis, develop and implement legal strategies for the firm
- Perform administrative and management functions in accordance with firm policies and procedures
- Translate documents from Arabic to English
- Act as the second point of escalation for client requests and queries
- 5 years of relevant work experience in law (at least 2 years must be gained in an Arabic-speaking country)
- At least 3 years as a practicing lawyer in a renowned company (or robust private practice)
- Master’s degree in Law from a top-tier European university
- Professional fluency in both Arabic and English
- Outstanding analytical, communication and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of the different legal, political and economic systems in the Middle East and North Africa
- Excellent attention to detail, flawless execution, ability to think both creatively and strategically
- Strong customer service focus
Please email your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com
Status Law is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, political affiliation, pregnancy, or sexual orientation.